Thoughts that keep you up at night?

discussion
Thoughts that keep you up at night?

What keeps you up at night?

To put it simply, for me, it’s the thought of going to the doctor for a serious or complex operation. Before I wrote this post, I stressed myself awake thinking that at any time I could develop a cancerous lump behind my eyeball, and they would need to completely remove my eye to get rid of it. I don’t know how you guys feel about that, but for me, that would permanently change the way I interact with the world around me, and that’s what actually scares me.

Honesty my brain is such a whirling chaotic mess that I couldn’t identify exactly which thoughts prevent me sleeping :’)

Whenever I think about mortality. Eugh, that stuff just hits all the wrong nerves for me.

My thoughts don’t keep me up as much as they used to. Back in college, it was bad because I just went through this whole existential crisis period about what would happen to my consciousness and soul, etc… and I’d just get so lost in my thoughts about it. Eventually I learned to just try not to think about it because every time I do it trips me out. hahaa%23

Depends on which times I’m going through with my life. For example, at bad times I imagine all possible ways I could mess the situation up even more to a point of non-return or the worst case scenarios. When things are going well, the thrill of the thought prevents me from sleeping: I like imagining a day where I and my girlfriend live together. That’s one of the best things that could ever happen to me at the moment. :smile:

Anything and everything, really. My mind is a maze of its own.

Random ‘x’/cringy stuff I did when I was younger and how stupid it was.

EDIT: Oh, and also on a really stressful moment 2 years ago I don’t even know why but was persecuted that I could have a heart-attack any moment, sometimes to the level of barely sleeping, which made matters worse.