The 30 Days Of Anime Challenge!

anime
The 30 Days Of Anime Challenge!

1. How would you improve your favorite anime?

I’ve never seen a perfect show (and probably never will) so here’s how i’d fix the flaws of two of my favorites.
Pokemon: Get rid of all the filler episodes where the plot amounts to “Ash meets a guy and Team Rocket tries to steal their Pokemon”.
InuYasha: Cut out all of the romance. Get rid of Koga. Make Miroku less of a one-dimensional pervert

Day 13: How would you improve your favorite anime, or would you at all?

I’m not sure if Steins;Gate or Bungo Stray Dogs is my current favorite anime, but despite an awkward first half at some points, I wouldn’t change anything in S;G since I’d probably just make it worse. BSD had a lot of weird plothole-related points to it, but the characters and fights were neat so I tend to overlook them.

13.) How would you improve your favourite anime, or would you at all?

I wouldn’t really improve anything for Attack on Titan. At least not until the series finally finishes. So long as they keep following the manga, I think it’s always going to be awesome. From the characters, to the animation, to the story, to the soundtrack, it’s all been amazing.

1. My least favorite anime is straight up anything by Rumiko Takahashi. It’s a real hot take, but I genuinely think she’s a hack.

2. I can’t think of just one favorite anime tbqh, so I’m unsure.

3. I have at multiple points in my life followed weekly manga. I’m for sure more of a manga guy than an anime guy.

Day 14: Do you, or did you used to, follow the monthly/irregular updates for your favorite manga?

No, but maybe I should start reading manga…

Day 14: Do you, or did you used to, follow the monthly/irregular updates for your favorite manga?

I’m in the same boat as Magi. Maybe I should do this, as well

1. Do you, or did you used to, follow the monthly/irregular updates for your favorite manga?

I don’t read manga lol

Day 14: Do you, or did you used to, follow the monthly/irregular updates for your favorite manga

I’ll start reading Manga one day, but I’ll never follow the updates either way. I don’t see myself being that interested in Manga when I don’t have a strong yearning to read it when webcomics exist.

I did and I still do! I was on Mangareader as soon as the next Pandora Hearts chapter came out every month, ugh, what a fave. I kept up with Corpse Party too, but I haven’t checked on that one in a while. I haven’t been to a bookstore in a while, but I have a LOT of the volumes for Fullmetal Alchemist, Negima!, Bleach, Kekkaishi, etc., so I should probably finish those last two at some point. YuYu Hakusho, Saiyuki Reload, Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCle and Rurouni Kenshin are also notable mentions.

I still keep up with them too! On MangaRock I’m keeping up with D. Gray-Man (this one’s updates are sporadic at best and nonexistent at worst,) Black Butler, Attack on Titan, My Hero Academia, Seraph of the End, Noragami, Saiyuki Reload Blast, Tsubasa: WoRLD CHRoNiCLE, Übel Blatt and The Case Study of Vanitas.

For any of you guys that haven’t read manga, I highly recommend it. Manga is some god tier stuff ngl. Like, you know how you go to the movies and the usual response is “the book was better?” Kinda like that. A lot of the time anime doesn’t follow the manga very closely, so you can miss out on a lot.

Day 14… Uh, for a given definition, yes? For the most part I read scantranslations on my manga site of choice as they come out and follow ones that manage to capture my interest beyond the title, but given that many of them are unofficial fan projects it shouldn’t come as a surprise that they may randomly find themselves dropped or get cancelled if an official one releases internationally.

14.) Do you, or did you used to, follow the monthly/irregular updates for your favourite manga?

Yeah, I still follow the Attack on Titan manga, because holy shit is it getting good at the moment. I get excited when it starts getting close to the beginning of the next month, because then I get to see how much crazier the plot gets. I’ve been thinking about reading Made in Abyss while I wait for the second season, but I haven’t gotten around to it, yet.

12.) What is your least favorite anime to date?
pokemon fr tho I really dislike Bleach
13.) How would you improve your favorite anime, or would you at all?
Make it never end
14.) Do you, or did you used to, follow the monthly/irregular updates for your favorite manga?
I used to follow the boku no hero updates back when it was newer. But I don’t really follow any nowadays

Day 15… As I generally prefer reading manga due to a hands-on nature that isn’t present with anime, I inherently prefer the manga due to A) Usually reading it first and B) Usually only really picking either “Anime” or “Manga” to enjoy a series.

1. Overall, do you prefer the manga or the anime of any given series?

I don’t read manga.

(don’t worry! this is the last question I can’t answer.)

15.) Overall, do you prefer the manga or the anime of any given series?

I prefer anime over manga in general. I like watching a story play out more than read it play out nowadays. Plus, there have been times where I’ve read something happen in a manga and not understand what’s going on, and then it eventually gets animated into an episode and I finally understand what the manga failed to make clear.

I do enjoy reading manga, tho. Don’t get me wrong

Day 15: Overall, do you prefer the manga or the anime of any given series?

Manga! I feel like it overall a more fun experience, and you can take it with you to read. Voices and music definitely make anime fun to watch, but manga is god tier.

Since I watch more anime than reading manga, I’ll have to say anime. Its also an easier source for me to obtain. I believe Spaggy when she says the mangas are usually better, though. (Cough like the pokemon mangas, definitely reading those<3)

The last 3 questions have made me question myself not reading Manga it’s almost like I’m a low level weeb. But yes the anime cause who reads Manga haha…

@Conos, you accidentally skipped day 11.

Day 16: Would you consider anime better than Western animation?

I could go into depth on this but I’m just simply going to say no. This is with quite a bit of bias because I am from the west, and it would be much different if I lived in Japan. But the different cultures that push through most animes tend to make it less relateable and at some times, especially with any bit of fanservice, annoying.

The only reason I began watching anime is because I ran out of cartoons tbf. :woman_shrugging: