The 30 Days Of Anime Challenge!

anime
The 30 Days Of Anime Challenge!

Day 3: Have you ever read the manga before/after an anime? What did you think?

Manga? Idkher

But seriously I do plan to read Manga eventually. It’s just not usually my cup of tea as I spend a lot of time reading books. I do plan to read the Made in Abyss Manga though soon.

Day 3… As a general rule, it’s either the anime or the manga for me. Sure, I read the Impel Down and Marineford arcs of One Piece and watched the anime, but at the same time there was such a large gap between both combined with only watching up until the Crocodile fight (if even that) and only reading said arcs, I can’t exactly count it honestly.

About the most likely anime I’d watch after reading the manga would probably be Dragon Maid, and even then I’m not entirely sure if it’s in my list of anime to watch at the moment.

I’m rather new to the anime game, so I haven’t had the chance to read a manga before watching. I have read a bit of the one for BNHA after the fact, but that one matches the show pretty closely so I guess it wasn’t bad or anything.

Day 4: What is your favorite anime movie?

KIMI

NO

WA

Aka Your Name. I cried many times. The animation is lovely, the story is intricate and beautiful. The pacing is expertly done and the music is quite nice.

Koe no katachi aka A Silent Voice would be my second btw, but not too close to Your Name :zoomeyes:

1. What is your favorite anime movie?

Pokemon: The First Movie.

Mewtwo was an incredible villain, from his chilling voice (actor did a great job) to his dialogue, which often gets much more profound than you’d expect from a Pokemon movie. (“where am I, why am I, who am I”, “I see now that the circumstances of one’s birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are”)

The story was compelling and surprisingly dark for Pokemon. Mewtwo’s main beliefs are that humanity is worthless and everyone should be killed. Geez. Not to mention that when he was awakened he succeeded in killing several scientists.

There was lots of nice comedy throughout the movie, which helped lighten the surprisingly dark tone. (“Stroke! Stroke! Stroke! I think i’m going to have one!”)

The fight scenes were all great, and intense.

The animation in the movie was super good. Lots of the scenery looked almost life-like.

But above all, though, was the direction/production/atmosphere, which was freaking amazing. In particular, the first half-hour or so created an incredibly dark (by Pokemon standards at least), chilling atmosphere, and felt more like a dark sci-fi thriller than a Pokemon movie, and all the better for it. And the movie’s ending…good god.

The only flaws were the stupid shoehorned “fighting is wrong” message (in a movie about fighting monsters…can someone say “hypocrisy”?) and the “Brother My Brother” song.

I did’nt watched many anime movies but my favorites are:
-Naruto the last
-Pokémon The Movie: Mewtwo Strikes Back
and of course AKIRA

Definitely Princess Mononoke and (honestly the first 3 Pokemon movies, but I’ll go with) Pokemon 2000. They’re just so good, if you’ve seen them then they definitely speak for themselves. <3

Oops. Missed a day.

1. I’m more of a manga person than an anime person. The only time I watch an anime is if it’s an anime original, or the adaptation is renowned as amazing.

2. I enjoy too many of them to really pick just one. So I’ll go with Wolf Children and Tokyo Godfathers.

4.) What is your favorite anime movie?

It’s gonna have to be a tie between Spirited Away and Wolf Children. Both were amazing films.

Day 4… Spirited Away, easily.

Speaking of which, it’s been waaaaay too long since I saw a Ghibli film. Maybe I should rewatch it?

I read Peach Girl and Black Cat before watching the animes, I liked Peach Girl as an anime a bit more I think and I definitely enjoyed Black Cat more as a manga. Still both great mangas and animes, though.

I can’t really think of what’s my favorite, I guess one of the studio ghibli movies. So either Ponyo or Howl’s Moving Castle. I definitely didn’t really care for any of the Inuyasha movies XD

1. Has a series ever made you cry?

Not really. I did get close a few times in Pokemon (the first episode, the ending of the first movie, the end of the fourth movie) and the penultimate and final episodes of Sailor Moon.

Oh… so many good ones have been said already, but my recent watchings have been messing up my ratings so I’ll try to answer that. I remember loving Spirited Away when I was younger (it had a very touching ending), and it was my favorite Ghibli movie for a long time, although I’m torn because I saw Princess Mononoke very recently (and am scheduled to see some more in the new future), and that was great as well… and then Your Name. Oh man, that movie was a rollercoaster of emotions, and so good as well; I loved the story and the art for it was just beautiful, but I guess I’ll have to settle for my first choice out of all of them because I really can’t decide :’)

5.) Has a series ever made you cry?

Not really… Steins;Gate got close. Really close. Like that weird sort of sadness that you get after you watch something when you settle down and think about it a while after the fact. Otherwise, most of the other series I’ve seen have been Shonen or pretty light-hearted stuff, but I know a certain few of you are just waiting for me to watch one of those emotional ones, so I’ll get back to you on that…

1. Not like, sobbing, no. But there’s been a few that have gotten a tear or three out of me. Biggest example right now being the end of AnoHana.

Day 5: Has a series ever made you cry?

Yep yep, Pandora Hearts and Fullmetal Alchemist have.

Day 5… I don’t really recall that happening to me, moreso because all the anime I tend to watch are more lighthearted in nature. Even the “serious” ones tend to have a more comedic edge that dulls any tearjerking parts.

FMAB did, with one episode, make me a bit teary eyed. But not cry outright. There have only been two anime that made me cry quite a bit.

Made in Abyss because it was exceedingly sad and scarring. I don’t know how anyone can get through it without crying. Probably cause it’s impossible.

Toradora was tears of sadness that it was over and joy that it ended the way it did. I was really emotional over the series and just couldn’t believe it had ended.

Tons, Inuyasha both times the series ended, DBZ, One Piece made me tear up at times, and so on

1. What’s your favorite anime facial expression?

It’s hard to say. There’s a lot I like. I like sweatdrops, I think they look funny. I also like the whole “closed-eye smile” thing, I think it looks cute. But in general I like weird/exaggerated faces in anime. Sailor Moon has a lot.

Day 6: What’s your favorite anime facial expression?

uwu