The 30 Days Of Anime Challenge!

anime
The 30 Days Of Anime Challenge!

SPECIFICE, DEDENNE & EVILCHAMELEON PRESENT30 DAYS OF ANIME CHALLENGEentertainment
As I am always eager to please, at the request of Specifice and Dedenne, we are today launching the 30 Days Of Weeb Anime Challenge!!

Included are 30 questions to nail down a profile for yourself about everything anime, curated by Specifice and Dedenne.

We’ve been giving out adoptables lately, but this time we are back to badges. You will get a badge for answering 5, 15, and all 30 questions!

I won’t be able to lead the charge on this one, as I know nothing about anime, but I will still, as always, bold the daily question at the start of the day. Here are your questions!

1.) Who or what got you into anime in the first place, or how did you discover it?
2.) What do you think of OVAs?
3.) Have you ever read the manga before/after an anime? What did you think?
4.) What is your favorite anime movie?
5.) Has a series ever made you cry?
6.) What’s your favorite anime facial expression?
7.) Do you have a favorite voice actor, and who might it be?
8.) Where do you watch your shows or read your manga?
9.) Have you ever played a game based off of an anime?
10.) What is your favorite anime animal or creature?
11.) What anime would you want you live in?
12.) What is your east favorite anime to date?
13.) How would you improve your favorite anime, or would you at all?
14.) Do you, or did you used to, follow the monthly/irregular updates for your favorite manga?
15.) Overall, do you prefer the manga or the anime of any given series?
16.) Would you consider anime better than Western animation?
17.) What is your favorite series?
18.) What genre do you prefer in your anime?
19.) What is your least favorite genre?
20.) What is your least favorite thing about anime?
21.) What is your favorite female and/or male character?
22.) What is your favorite couple/OTP?
23.) Are there certain anime tropes that you prefer or dislike?
24.) What is your favorite soundtrack?
25.) What is your favorite opening?
26.) Most emotional scene in an anime?
27.) What do you think of the general views on anime (such as it being solely fanservice or mocking people who watch it)?
28.) Has anime impacted your life in any way?
29.) Will you ever stop watching anime?
30.) The age old question: Sub or Dub?

About the Entertainment and General Gaming category
  1. My gateway into anime was the Pokemon anime. After seeing it and liking it, I realized that lots of the tropes I liked in it were common in several animes, so I decided to branch out. After enjoying Inuyasha, a “ordinary person in fantasy events/fantasy world” show, I decided to seek out more shows in that vein, and since have watched Digimon and Sailor Moon (not an “isekai” show but fits the first part of the definition)

30.) The age old question: Sub or Dub?

I’m usually sub but sometimes I like to let the anime take charge in the bedroom and dub me.

Ok jkjkjk but I’ll answer some of these questions for real later :dyinglol:

Day 1. Who or what got you into anime in the first place, or how did you discover it?

Shiny omfg lmaoooooo

Me and my aunt used to watch Toonami all the time when I was little! I didn’t know Pokemon was an anime back then, so when we watched .hack//SIGN, InuYasha, Sailor Moon and Cowboy Bebop together it really drew me in! I don’t think I understood what anime was until I started watching Fullmetal Alchemist when it first aired there so many years ago.

1.) Who or what got you into anime in the first place, or how did you discover it?
Tv Globinho playing Inazuma Eleven/Super 11

1. Man, listen. I’ve been watching anime since I was a baby. Before I even knew what anime was. My favorite movie as a wee laddy was Little Nemo: Adventures in Dreamland.

Day 1… I legitimately couldn’t tell you, since I remember watching it as far back as the run of the original Sailor Moon dub (which was airing when I was a wee babe).

For all I know I could have begun watching it earlier, though I don’t exactly recall the anime in question… All I remember from “potential first anime number two” is that there was some girl in a tube, some guy smashes a computer room that an old guy was in, and this somehow lets the girl in a tube out.

I think it was my sister, tbh. There’s quite a big age difference between us, so she was already into games and anime by the time I could comprehend what games and anime were. I think the very first anime series I watched was Dragon Ball Z with her.

Sari showed me Soul Eater one night maybe five or six months ago (time flies so fast!) and I’ve been hooked ever since! Technically I saw some of the very early Pokemon anime before and once or twice saw Dragonball on Saturday mornings, although it didn’t interest me back then so I never watched it as an entire series.

1. What do you think of OVAs?

I’ve never seen any lol

1. Good for some late night action back in the day, if you know what I mean. :smirk: Nowadays they don’t really do them as much, though. Overall neutral. Most of them aren’t really “content” to me.

Day 2… I don’t think I ever watched an OVA, honestly. Well, aside from that infamous Final Fantasy 5 one, but the less said about it, the better, I feel.

Day 2. What do you think of OVAs?

I don’t particularly watch OVAs. I do remember watching a couple of the Pandora Hearts ones because I was so disappointed with the anime’s ending compared to the manga’s. I was just looking for more content after that, but they were pretty funny. Overall though, I think OVAs tend to be very forgettable.

Day 1. Who or what got you into anime in the first place, or how did you discover it?
I’d been under a constant barrage of anime references and recommendations for about 3 years from my more nerdy friends and I finally caved into watching RWBY, it was kind of my transition animation that finally pushed me to consider anime as the style was nice. I ran out of cartoons to watch, legend of Korra had ended, so I checked out things similar and an anime called The Twelve Kingdoms popped up, I watched it. Was amazed and continued to watch others like Toradora and eventually FMAB.

Day 2. What do you think of OVAs
I’ve never watched any completely. Some were a bit funny as they started out but I grew bored of them before the episode even finished. They never really had anything that added to the story so I just skipped them.

I like them if they’re about the anime I’m really into, or if the anime I’m watching just finished without a next season. The plot and the story gets left how it is, and I get to see the characters I like (usually) acting like idiots.

My brothers did, I think. With Inuyasha and Pokemon. Toonami was the place we’d watch Inuyasha and I was really the only one who stuck with Inuyasha and from there got into other shows later on.

I can’t recall if I’ve ever seen one, I might’ve but it sounds like a neat thing to get people interested in buying them, I think I would’ve when DBZ ended and I wanted more.

I’ve seen two, so not great for generalizations, especially since they were so different. The one for Steins;Gate took place after the show but was kind of awkward, I think the movie did a better job telling a new story. The one for Bungo Stray Dogs was pretty good; not story relevant but well-animated and a pretty good story despite being completely separate from the main plot. As far as future OVA’s go, I’ll give them a shot but no promises insofar as to liking them.

1. Have you ever read the manga before/after an anime? What did you think?

I’ve never read manga lol.

By the way I can answer most of these questions so don’t think i’m gonna halfass the whole thing

3.) Have you ever read the manga before/after an anime? What did you think?

Yeah, I only usually read the manga after watching the anime. I’m not a huge manga reader, but if an anime I really enjoy promises a second season, I usually can’t wait so I go right ahead and read up.

Day 3: Have you ever read the manga before/after an anime? What did you think?

It’s happened both ways, and more often than not I prefer the experience of reading a certain story to watching it. It’s easier for me to read something for a long period of time than it is to sit still and watch something. The anime determines its own pace whereas I can determine the pace I read the manga.