Pokémon Wars: Chronicle Two

Pokémon Wars: Chronicle Two

The Pokémon Wars
Second Chronicle: Johto under Siege

Johto is under attack! It appears that Clair in Blackthorn City had a very sinister plan brewing during the events of old, which have finally come to fruition.

With Lugia and Ho-oh captured and Raikou/Entei/Suicune pacified, there was nothing holding back the power once held back under the Dragon’s Den…

The seal now broken by Clair, the Den has been torn asunder with the endless torrent of dragons that have been contained underneath for so many years. In their inexplicable rage and under Clair’s control, Johto has now become prey to an aerial maelstrom. Nowhere is safe.

The other Gym Leaders see Victory Road and the Elite Four thereafter, to see if they can stop this threat once and for all, the for the sake of Johto…

Rules
-All Mafia Hub and SZ rules apply
-Do not PM share of discuss this game outside of specified chats or this thread. Do not PM share.
-Day phase is 48 hours, night is 24. You may not post here during the night phase.
-If you are dead, you’re dead. You may post one death post containing no game information and then you are barred from the thread.
-Lynch format is [Vote] Username.
-All actions are to be sent either via PM here or to myself on Discord (Arcaneum#0001).
-In the event the phase has unexpectedly run over, votes outside of the 48 hour period will not be counted towards the totals, unless I as the GM have explicitly stated I will be extending the phase.

Player list
Ho-oh as ???
Specifice as ???
Zoska as ???
Sawsbuck as ???
Shiny as ???
Dedenne as ???
Fletch as ???
EC as ???
Glitter as ???
Desox as ???
Magipika as ???
Kitty as ???
Desinishon as ???

The Pokémon Wars
Game setup

This is a standard game of Mafia, running a Day and Night Phase. There is a small difference in that every player will have a special role/ability. Day Phases will run for approx. 48 hours and Night Phase 24 hours. For more information if you are a newer player, please refer to this post.

Signups will be done by posting in this thread to express interest.

When receiving your Role PMs etc, I will make sure to simplify it as best as I can for you!

Roles

Clair: Kingdra’s Draco Meteor is a massively strong attack, with the ability to penetrate any defence. As a result, any roles which would block a kill from it will be ineffective. It can be used either during the Day or Night, but can only be used once in the game.

Lance: Dragonite can create strong Hurricanes, which will remove all actions in place and prevent actions being used the following Day. Due to how much strength this takes, Dragonite can only summon two Hurricanes throughout the war. Only Kingdra can override this.

Rival: Chooses from Typhlosion, Meganium or Feraligatr.

Falkner: Pidgeotto can choose to create a Gust during Night. The Gust will halve the chance of any visiting player’s actions to succeed. If used in succession, this % will increase by 10% each time it is used (So a player whose action has a 50% to work as a result, will then have a 60% chance of working).

Bugsy: Scyther can use its Fury Cutter to target a player during the day. On the first day, the sliced player will have their voting power halved. On the second day, the sliced player will have their voting power nullified. On the third day, the sliced player will Bleed, meaning they will die at the end of that Day. On the fourth day, the sliced player will die outright. Scyther can target different players, the effect will be the same regardless of who is targeted. This can be blocked by vests etc.

Morty: Gengar places a Hex on a player at the beginning of the Day Phase, choosing to either seal a word or a player. If the word is mentioned by the Hexed player, or if they vote for the named player, the Hexed player dies. If the Hexed player dies, Gengar can use Hex again, choosing the other option.

Jasmine: Steelix can choose to protect a player with its Iron Defense at Night. Any actions that will result in harming or killing the protected player will be nullified. This will count as a visit. Steelix can also choose to protect a player without visiting, by laying down Stealth Rock. This will have a 50% chance or preventing the same actions to work.

Pryce: Dewgong can use Safeguard to protect one player at night, preventing them to be affected by status effects and death. This cannot be used on the same player twice consecutively. Dewgong can also once a game use Mist, which will scramble all the targets of any actions taken during the Night.

Will: Alakazam can investigate a player each night with Future Sight and learn of their alignment, however due to it being via telepathy this will NOT count as a visit.

Koga: Venomoth has 2 Powders it can use: PoisonPowder, and Shield Dust. PoisonPowder poisons a player, causing death if not cured by the end of the following Night. Sleep Powder will cause the unaffected player to be unable to participate the next Day and Shield Dust will protect Venomoth from ANY one visiting action (if several visit, the blocked action is chosen at random).

Bruno: Hitmonchan’s Foresight allows it to watch for any actions taken against one player in the Night, learning who visited that player. If they manage to catch the same person two Nights in a row, their role is also revealed.

Karen: Murkrow can use Pursuit during the Night, following a player and seeing who they visited during the Night.

Kimono Girl #4: Starts with an Eevee, which can then change forms during each Night Phase, each with their own separate action. Each form can only be used once, Kimono Girl wins if either she survives or uses all 5 forms.

Eeveelution abilities: Jolteon: Paralyzes the game with Thunderbolt the following Day, meaning a player’s first vote will be locked in. Vaporeon: Vaporeon can cover itself in Acid Armour to protect itself until the following Night. Flareon: Flareon can use Sunny Day during the Night to reveal who visited Kimono Girl that night. Espeon: Espeon can use Psychic during the Day to send anonymous transmissions to all players. Umbreon: Umbreon can use Payback so if a role would kill Umbreon until the following Night, Umbreon will instead kill that player.

Starter abilities (Mafia): Typhlosion: Uses Smokescreen as a decoy to then be able to Flame Wheel a player and kill them, whilst pinning it on another player. Feraligatr: It strives to be like its compatriot Kingdra and therefore once Kingdra or Dragonite die, it can choose to take over their role. However in order to impress, it will carry out ALL Night Kills until this is the case. Meganium: Can use Vine Whip to roleblock a player that Night. If a Mafia Starter visits a Town Starter, that Pokémon will be removed and another special guest will take its place…

In

YES, IN

YEET ME IN

In

I’ll try it :thonk:

Put me in

I’m just here to like, break some rules.

I’m not gonna go inactive this time, if I go you can ban me on the forum and discord.

I’ll be monitoring it

suss

I’ll honor my original sign up request and play in this.

In

In

I’m in!

In

I’m thinking of joining as sub but you can count me in if there are not enough players…

@iluvpuffins here is where you’re meant to sign up to the game :stuck_out_tongue:

The Pokémon Wars

Night Zero.

After hearing about the bloodbath that was Kanto, it was seemingly apparent that covert operations were the main focus here. As night falls, the respective camps sneak out into the night, gleaning information, aiding their friends and most importantly…killing. The Dragons become restless and the Rival wants to usurp their nemesis once and for all.

Tonight marks the first Night phase of the game. If you have a Night Action (this will be signified in your Role Message) then please submit them to @Tyler either via PM on here or PM on Discord (Arcaneum#0001). Mafia members, you will also receive an invite to a server on Discord, join it!

Night will start at 23:00 GMT tonight and finish at 23:00 GMT tomorrow (30th October).

Rules

-Do not PM share of discuss this game outside of specified chats or this thread. Do not PM share.
-Day phase is 48 hours, Night is 24. You may not post here during the Night phase.
-If you are dead, you’re dead. You may post one death post containing no game information and then you are barred from the thread.
-All actions are to be sent either via PM here or to myself on Discord (Arcaneum#0001).
-In the event the phase has unexpectedly run over, votes outside of the 48 hour period will not be counted towards the totals, unless I as the GM have explicitly stated I will be extending the phase.

Player list

@Ho-oh as ???
@Specifice as ???
@Zoska as ???
@Sawsbuck as ???
@Shiny as ???
@Dedenne as ???
@Fletch as ???
@EvilChameleon as ???
@Glitter as ???
@Desox as ???
@Magipika as ???
@Kitty as ???
@Desinishon as ???

Due to some roles having to be removed, I have needed to make some adjustments as a result, think of this as the “Patch Notes” for the game! Changes are:

Silver, Chuck and Whitney have been removed.
Vaporeon’s Acid Armor will last until the following Night, meaning it will protect it for a Night and a Day.
Draco Meteor overrides all roles, including Dragonite’s Hurricane.
Safeguard will protect from Hexes and will remove status effects from players.

With regards to defintions etc, as there are a lot of interactions and whatnot, I’ll try to clear up some things here.

Scyther can be blocked by: Dragonite, Umbreon, Meganium, Vaporeon.
Draco Meteor will take place instead of a Night Kill if used during the Night.
Role-blocking roles are: Meganium, Pidgeotto, Venomoth.
Typhlosion’s Burn is permanent (unless removed).
Eevee will not change if it is blocked by Pidgeotto, Venomoth or Meganium. However if Dragonite uses its action, Eevee will still evolve but it will not use its Eeveelution’s ability.

The Pokémon Wars

Day One.

A few members were taking the stealth to the next level, deciding to actually do so little that they in fact did nothing. Meanwhile, Pryce and his Dewgong felt that perhaps it was a little early for the Dragons to make their move. However, he could not be more wrong. With a strong wind came the felling of Mahogany; buildings left strewn in pieces as the few surviving members managed to seek refuge in the hidden passage under the local shop.

Pryce however was not one of those people.

Meanwhile, defences were bolstered, winds kicked up to no avail and one poor soul was restless the entire night. However, further killing efforts thankfully were not present.

Specifice is dead. They were Pryce’s Dewgong.

Tonight marks the first Day phase of the game. If you have a Day Action (this will be signified in your Role Message) then please submit them to @Tyler either via PM on here or PM on Discord (Arcaneum#0001). Voting will now begin; you may choose to abstain from voting and may also change your vote as many times as you like. Regardless of how many votes a player has, the highest amount of votes will result in that player’s elimination.

Day will finish at 23:30 GMT Thursday 1st November.

Rules

-Day phase is 48 hours, Night is 24. You may not post here during the Night phase.

Player list

@Ho-oh as ???
@Specifice as Pryce/Dewgong
@Zoska as ???
@Sawsbuck as ???
@Shiny as ???
@Dedenne as ???
@Fletch as ???
@EvilChameleon as ???
@Glitter as ???
@Desox as ???
@Magipika as ???