Pokémon Wars: Chronicle One

Pokémon Wars: Chronicle One

I mean doof does actually make a point that if I was the leader of the cult, I could simply just have gotten Desox to join and cover for me. However, I am Cinnabar Island aka the Deputy and I shot JD night one. I’m not so useful anymore so might as well role claim here.

And with that I’ll continue on voting for Bidoof as Kitty him and Canas are the people I’m most suspicious of and I doubt Canas will show up so.
[Eliminate] Bidoof

And do reconsider your choices if you are town, I have not been asked to join the cult and I can’t exactly prove that I am not cult, however if you lose me right now instead of killing another member of the mafia or the cult leader we get to the brink of loss.

Looks like I have the deciding vote? I honestly don’t know, so I’m going to flip a coin and vote that way.

[Vote] Bidoof

That claim makes it more believable to me that Desox/Dedenne are cult and cultist. I see no reason why the deputy wouldn’t claim right away. You know how much hassle we would’ve spared ourselves if we hadn’t had GP and the whole “parroting” thing? That was a huge detriment to the town and I can’t see a towny choosing not to avoid that.

I mean at first I didn’t even know it was one shot, even had to ask Aaron about it to confirm since it wasn’t listed with the role.

Also I just didn’t think to role claim when I was never in any danger? I would have rather had the mafia think I was the cultist and kill me, a useless townie now, rather than one with specific powers. Had I revealed earlier, they would have definitely left me alive to go after a different person with a more prevalent role.

Would think someone who has played mafia as much as you Johnny would get that? :thonk: unless you’re looking for a reason to eliminate me that’s not there of course?

Because I’ve played mafia as much as I have, I know that there was no way in hell the mafia was gonna kill you, because you were suspected by everyone. Also, why would the mafia assume you were the cultist?

And like I said, if you were really the deputy, you would’ve claimed and spare the town the whole parroting thing, since the deputy was useless and if it was you, then we could’ve moved on from that. Heck, GP would’ve been useful here, instead those interactions ultimately got him lynched.

And how actually convenient against both of us that Kiyotaka’s role was hidden by Janitor… maybe because mafs caught up like me, after gp’s death, that Kiyotaka was definitely culted. My guess is that mafia wanted to just do what you’re doing, turn town against Dedenne and me just to buy some more time.
It’s suddenly favourable for both the last mafia and cult, so you’re not interfering between you. Now I know you are the leader, but who is the mafia.

That’s his own fault for continuing to go after me for parroting after the fact.

Also they don’t know who the cultist is, but they could have suspected me, or you, or any member that wasn’t mafia. So why not keep myself looking as if I’m still important?

Again I saw no reason to clear up the whole accusation thing, I wasn’t in danger and I was pretty sure GP was mafia. Sadly he wasn’t and just made a mistake with his verbage.

Wat…

I have so many questions about that post (Desox’s).

Why do you assume Kiyotaka was cult?
Assuming he was, how did the mafia know?
Why would the mafia want to cover a cult member?
How do you go from that to the conclusion that mafia wanted to frame you both?

And also, if Dedenne is fake claiming deputy, are you CCing? Because nobody here claimed that shot, sooooo… even a now Culter culted Dedenne in no way can be the leader. What is your workaround against that argument, doof? No one was armed D1, as our gunsmith said, but Johnny who was given a fake. If you’re innocent, then claim. Because, as I see it, culted or not we’re short of two roles. And Canas isnt talking, sooo…
If you’re town, please Canas, you’ll make it easier by not doing anything as we may identify the remaining opponent.

The first answer is that it’s just a hunch. Second, I base myself in that the mafia doesn’t care, because killing a non member is still a win for them and generating such an uncertainty would produce this situation, with me coming with such defense you wouldn’t believe. The mafia would cover the cult because it’d buy them time, at least for now, and help them reduce our numbers, which would even be better if Kiyotaka were to be culted. They weren’t good on the number side, seeing as fabricator died D1, and I believe the prospect of most possibly being already equal on numbers with the cult today drove the mafia to take this route.

Would not be saying that Bidoof definitely is the leader, though he is likely cult or mafia, I’m not sure he is the leader per se.

Also I mentioned specifically day one to Desox that it could have been the deputy that shot JD. I am role claiming the deputy and I don’t see why I would be lying about it since if I was lying the real deputy would come forward.

Of course, now I’m inclined to believe that Johnny is either mafia or cult. I never even considered it, always got a town vibe from him. But, even after hearing my role claim he somehow seems to think I’m the cultist. Doof hasn’t heard since his misguided vote, though he easily still could be mafia or cult. Perhaps one of them is mafia and cult, or both could be the cultist and a member of the cult. Either way it’s a good attempt by Johnny since he tried to put it in that context before:

Didn’t realize asking a question to Sam about context would be “freaking out”

I mean anyone could’ve made the observation that deputy shot d1.

Like, literally anyone. That doesn’t make it a deputy soft.

Also, if you’re really the cult leader, you could’ve just recruited the real deputy last night? Meaning no cc.

And yet no one did, everyone seemed to think it was a gun somehow.

But, your second part makes sense, if I was the cult leader I could have recruited the deputy.

I have little defense for this beyond going based upon my word. I could abstain from my vote or do whatever to not have you guys kill another townie, but when it comes down to it there’s not much I can do to defend myself beyond claiming my actual role.

Yeah, didn’t think of it but now I’m wondering if Johnny is culted. So convenient he didn’t mention doof until I brought it up and he brushed the possibility he’s cult aside as it couldn’t be, when IT COULD, conveniently diminishong it to possible mafia just to redirect town and lessening its importance even if he was mafia. He went from “everyone could be a cultist” to ignoring the possibility doof is one when it is sitting right in front of him!
Johnny was part of a cult death D1 so cult could’ve conveniently take him in. And here we are now.

Who out of all didn’t claim until now after all eh?

I wanna at least see a Doof claim.

looks at thread

13 new posts

huge war waging while I was gay dancing in my living room

Okay, well, I’m not really sure who’s side to pick here yet. I’m not too worried since we have more time left in the phase but I am gonna toss out some random thoughts.

-You can definitely see an increased urgency in Johnny’s posts. Is it just because the game is coming to a crucial moment? Is he culted? Both scenarios are possible but I’m gonna be honest here, he’s probably not the cult leader, so not the best choice today.

Also note that HE’S the one who first encouraged EC to shoot Kitty, who turned out to be mafia, so he’s not mafia. Even if he’s culted mafia, that’s just good news for us because no more night kills.

I think we should explore the possibility that Desox is culted, but Dedenne isn’t necessarily the cult leader- I mean, would they really try to pull a fake cop report? Seems a bit amateur if you ask me but I’m gonna be embarrassed if it turns out to be true lol

Last thought right now since it’s midnight and I’m babbling is that Doof probably isn’t the cult leader. He’s been playing really aggressively and I think he would prefer to lay low in that case. It’s the best strategy as the cult leader. But has he been pretty scummy? Oh hell yes.

Hearing from Canas would really help clear some of this up. The spotlight is on you, dear!

Okay after seeing these posts, I’m convinced that Desox and Dedenne are cult. I will stop going back and forth with you two, because I will not convince you that you’re scum, I won’t make you say out loud “hey we’re scum” so, instead I’m gonna answer your final points to an audience I believe to be town, i.e @Zoska @Sam @EvilChameleon so I want you guys to read why I think these guys are scum.

It all starts with Desox anticipating a set up that never took place. Now I asked him several questions about his last post, and he failed to explain. My questions and answers will be bolded, normal text are his replies.

Why do you assume Kiyotaka was cult?
The first answer is that it’s just a hunch.
Just go back and read his reactions, would someone really freak out that much for a hunch? And funny that this “hunch” is suddenly his entire alibi.

Assuming he was, how did the mafia know?
Second, I base myself in that the mafia doesn’t care, because killing a non member is still a win for them and generating such an uncertainty would produce this situation, with me coming with such defense you wouldn’t believe.
How would the mafia orchestrate a setup if they didn’t care, nor knew that Kiyotaka was culted? lol

Why would the mafia want to cover a cult member?
The mafia would cover the cult because it’d buy them time, at least for now, and help them reduce our numbers, which would even be better if Kiyotaka were to be culted. They weren’t good on the number side, seeing as fabricator died D1
And here’s our first contradiction. Here he assumes that mafia knew Kiyotaka was culted, but didn’t he just said they didn’t care if was cult or not?

How do you go from that to the conclusion that mafia wanted to frame you both?
and I believe the prospect of most possibly being already equal on numbers with the cult today drove the mafia to take this route.
This does not explain why using Janitor on Kiyotaka equals framing him and Dedenne

And to answer that last post, Desox: Everyone can be cult, except when the people you know are cult are ganging up against one . So I see you and Dedenne ganging up on Doof, that means he’s not cult.

We’re cult for lynching someone under common understandings that makes sense!

Lol Johnny found us out guys, we’ll have to stop voicing a plausible argument based on actual possibilities. Let’s just stop Dedenne, Johnny found us out!

Johnny is culted

Literally said I don’t know 100% that Doof is not cult, found it weird he found me suss as I found it weird with Glitter. I just tend to vote for who votes against me since I don’t do many things scummy.

And you can’t convince two townies that they’re scum, but I see you’re urgent to convince others of something while never talking about why you’re innocent, and you failed to defend yourself to any of the accusations I made. Of course why draw light to them when you don’t want to be found out? Though I’m not fully sure you’re the cultist Johnny, I am 90% sure you were culted at some point. So I will be changing my vote to a more sure win for the town.

[Eliminate] Johnny

which would even be better if Kiyotaka were to be culted.
And here’s our first contradiction. Here he assumes that mafia knew Kiyotaka was culted, but didn’t he just said they didn’t care if was cult or not?

which would be even better if

It’s called conditional, and it refers to a hypothetical condition and a probable result. It would be better if Kiyotaka was cult because it’d help mafia reduce cult numbers, but even if he was simple town, “let’s just hide the role so that town pull out their fingernails over it”. A convenient mafia move.