Pokémon Wars: Chronicle One

Pokémon Wars: Chronicle One

I think Salzorrah is reaching hard on Kiyo. Misunderstanding his logic - personally I feel he explained himself well so to misunderstand or rather just ignore his actual words is a little suspicious.

Salzorrah says that Kiyo is “accusing” Johnny for having a vote with a weak logic behind it, however, from what I’ve been reading that’s not what he’s implying at all, and it’s more of that although Johnny has weak logic, weak logic doesn’t inherently make you scum and he’s accepting that the way Johnny phrased and reasoned his vote is far more townie than whatever Salzorrah did. Salzorrah is effectively bandwagoning a silent player EDIT: It’s more of that I find stacking on people with no posts to be suspicious mostly because they cannot defend themself, inactives may be mafia, yes, but that logic also leads to easy mislynches for the maf, so I’d like to try to avoid it if possible. HOWEVER, Kiyo did start talking, so kudos to Johnny on that. Not only that, I find Salzorrah’s comment of “I WAS gunna vote the confirmed scum but i’m only saying this after he’s already dead xd”, like, you weren’t even posting while he was alive, that addition to your post is not only useless, but reeks of trying to throw your dead scum partner under the bus (is that even possible?). I also find your reasoning on Johnny-Chura being clear because they were gunned to not make very much sense. Am I misinterpreting?

With that, [Eliminate] Salzorrah

Yeah, I’ll be sincere and say reading this just confused me and that I don’t really have any reasons for making a move.

[Eliminate] Bidoof
[ABSTAIN]

The phase will now be changing, however it appears we have a four-way tie between Canas, Glitter, Kiyo and Salzorrah! I will post the randomised result first and then the phase post.

The result is thus:

Mafia Result

The Pokémon Wars
First Chronicle: Showdown in Kanto

Night One.

Something wasn’t right with Brock and the citizens of Pewter City. Residents were seen frequently travelling to and from Mt. Moon, which Surge initially thought was due to them perhaps gathering more resources.

However, their intent was far from that.

It seems Mt. Moon’s abnormal activity had not gone unnoticed by a few of the locals and as a result one very curious person had brought the cult to the city, entrancing them over the duration of the night. As a result, Pewter City was as good as useless. Knowing this, Surge made the touch decision of shutting all production down at Pewter, hoping that Brock came back to his senses sooner rather than later.

Salzorrah has been eliminated. They were Pewter City, the City of Culted Blacksmiths.

Night has fallen! It is now time to submit your relevant actions. Day will rise in 24 hours time (00:00 Thursday 17th May). Any actions can be confirmed with myself either on here or via Discord [Arcaneum#0001].

Rules
-All Mafia Hub and SZ rules apply
-Do not PM share of discuss this game outside of specified chats or this thread. Do not PM share.
-Day phase is 48 hours, night is 24. You may not post here during the night phase.
-If you are dead, you’re dead. You may post one death post containing no game information and then you are barred from the thread.
-Lynch format is [Eliminate] Username.
-All actions are to be sent either via PM here or to myself on Discord (Arcaneum#0001).

Player List
Tyler as the GM

@Dedenne as
@Kiyotaka_ishimaru as
Sawsbuck as Celadon City, the City of Virgins
@Sam as
@Salzorrah as Pewter City, the City of Culted Blacksmiths
@Glitter as
@Kitty as
@Conos as
@Desox as
@Bidoof as
@Zoska as
@Johnny as
@EvilChameleon as
jdthebud as Lavender Town, the Town of Fabricators

The Pokémon Wars
First Chronicle: Showdown in Kanto

Day Two.

Last night saw the wits of both Surge and Sabrina clash for the first time. Many a strategem were employed and many more an effort thwarted. Thankfully, Surge came out on top, managing to deny Saffron their much needed takedown.

Mt. Moon seemed no different than the night before, what this means however, noone knows…

Noone died last night.

Day has risen! It is now time to vote off someone. Night will arrive in 48 hours time (00:00 Saturday 19th May). Any actions can be confirmed with myself either on here or via Discord [Arcaneum#0001].

Rules
-All Mafia Hub and SZ rules apply
-Do not PM share of discuss this game outside of specified chats or this thread. Do not PM share.
-Day phase is 48 hours, night is 24. You may not post here during the night phase.
-If you are dead, you’re dead. You may post one death post containing no game information and then you are barred from the thread.
-Lynch format is [Eliminate] Username.
-All actions are to be sent either via PM here or to myself on Discord (Arcaneum#0001).

Player List
Tyler as the GM

@Dedenne as
@Kiyotaka_ishimaru as
Sawsbuck as Celadon City, the City of Virgins
@Sam as
Salzorrah as Pewter City, the City of Culted Blacksmiths
@Glitter as
@Kitty as
@Conos as
@Desox as
@Bidoof as
@Zoska as
@Johnny as
@EvilChameleon as
jdthebud as Lavender Town, the Town of Fabricators

I am very confident in saying that Zoska is an innocent.

Hmmm… insightful. I am to say I think Zoska is innocent because of last day, but not very confident.

What I’m very confident about is that we should leave last day’s lynches apart unless something comes to add up to them, because after rereading, they seem to be pretty neutral and based on petty motives.

I have no leads as of yet, no did I the other day really. And at the moment I too believe Zoska is innocent, and I’m inclined to say as are Johnny and EC.

However, I am suspicious of those who were active in the last day phase and drew out their voting to the point where they never did vote. Hmmm

Well that’s what I get for holding out until the last minute and then forgetting lol

I wasn’t going to vote Salzorrah because I didn’t actually find her that scummy but now I’m especially glad that I forgot

That aside here’s what I’ve surmised

Based on their votes yesterday, neither Kiyotaka_Ishimaru nor Bidoof are the cult leader

EC is clear based on Jdthebud’s behavior before getting shot dead

Additionally, EC seemed to softclaim as Pallet Town yesterday, so I’m not sure where he’s going with the Zoska comment. I’d like to think it’s just a hunch.

The cult should have two members at this point, although I can’t tell whether the flavor text is implying that the recruit failed or not

It’s clear to me that either the nurse got lucky, or the mafia hit whoever Salzorrah vested on night 1 (if she even did)

Why the hell would we ignore anything we gleaned from the previous day? That’s pretty sketchy, or I’d hope it is, because if it’s not it’s not a great play.

I’m still pretty suss of Dedenne who is still parroting. Also wondering if maybe Desox wants us to forget something from yesterday.

Not entirely sure how EC can “confirm” Zoska as inno, willing to trust him for the time being though. Still liking Sam’s posting a lot.

This and your decision to abstain last day phase makes you appear more sketchy in my eyes.

Rereading everything, GP’s scumread on Dedenne is sensible. Quite a few of their posts show parroting i.e ideas are merely repeated and repackaged from previous posts. It’s something town could do, especially in early day 1 based on site meta, but still doing it on D2 is already suspicious as it seems like a case of CYOC.

Continuing on, my top townreads are EC and Sam, the former due to jd and his apparent softclaim while the latter for their reasonable and logical posts. My townleans are on GP and Johnny.

On the other side, my scumreads atm are on Dedenne and Desox. Desox’s evasion to voting last phase and the lack of commenting to the current situation at the time shows signs of him being the cult leader.

[Vote] Desox is the vote I prefer among the two

Well, someone was after my ass last night. Luckily, I received a vest before mafia tried to end me :holyhell:

I can also say I’m pretty certain EC is also town now that I have his role figured out. I’ll provide a better reply to what’s going on with everything else later. Work lunch break isn’t long enough rip

I don’t understand how I’m parroting here? I agreed that I thought Zoska was innocent and I still believe so with her encounter last night. Then I expended and said who else I thought was innocent? Don’t know how developing your own thought is parroting GP, and I don’t know why you continue to try to cast suspicion on me by everyone else if not to make them look away from you hmm.

Well, someone was after my ass last night. Luckily, I received a vest before mafia tried to end me

Well that confirms your innocence then, as I gave you a vest last night.

I am inadvertently drawing attention to myself by being this vocal. If I wanted people not to look at me, this would be a really shitty way to go about doing it.

GJ, EC.

@Glitter Not saying I can’t see you doing this, but it could be WIFOM :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, now to today’s reads:

Kiyotaka
Only two mafia alive and we’re getting more confirmed townies; mafia’s best course of action right now is to play aggressively and convince the town of a lynch before we get a chance to properly examine everyone’s behavior. I think Kiyotaka’s behavior fits that methodology, but… If I were mafia in this situation, I wouldn’t town-read so many people as he did, mainly because I’d need excuses to keep mislynching. I’d say there’s a 55% (yes, weird percentage) chance that Kiyotaka is mafia.

Desox
That said, I can’t disagree with the suspicions on Desox. If there was a Fool in this game, it’d be him. It’s almost as if he wants to get lynched. If he is mafia, then it’s a very poor performance. His actions are scummy, but mafia wouldn’t really benefit from them.

GP
He also fits the bill when it comes to what a good mafia player would do in this situation, and during the previous day phase I got the feeling that he was being aggressive for aggression’s sake, rather than genuinely trying to find the mafia. I can’t explain why, it’s just a gut feeling. But I could get a better read on him if his scumreads were to die. 50/50 on him, for now.

We know that EC and Zoska aren’t mafia, that rules them out, and at this point we need to start thinking about the cult. If mafia doesn’t kill the cultist and the gunsmith gets culted, we’ll be at a huge disadvantage. It’s very possible that we’ll find ourselves in a situation where we’ll have to lynch cult every day, to not lose. If we mislynch today, the mafia kills an inno, and the cult succesfully recruits someone, we’d only be able to withstand that outcome once. Here’s a proper explanation:

There are 11 players alive. 2 are mafia, 2 are cult. Leaving 7 innocents.

• We mislynch. 6 innocents.
  • Mafia hits an inno. 5 innocents.
  • Cult recruits succesfully. 4 innocents.

That leaves 4 innocents, against 3 cult and 2 mafia, and it’s MYLO, just like that.

So, if someone has a gun, be very careful when shooting, and it’s better if you don’t shoot at all until we’ve come to a decision together.

lol yeah, I’m the cult leader. Say whatever you want, but I know for a fact Dedenne wasn’t parroting.

Why not watch the ones that didn’t even comment? I voted doof cos he wasn’t commenting, then pulled out and waited for something to come out and give me reasons for voting. “I think Dedenne is parroting” isn’t enough for me, even less D1. Just punish independent thought and wanting to make a safe move in a day that we weren’t obliged to act fast, oh no.
There was a four way tie, which means none of the “bandwagons” where convincing enough to most of the ones willing to vote. Guess what, instead of searching an alternate vote, I took none. Because I knew it was gonna be a tie and I certainly wasn’t sure enough on any lynch to have the responsibility of being the tie breaker. If I voted Dedenne, who I ASSURE YOU would’ve turned town, you all would be after me anyways.

What were you even expecting me to comment that would provide evidence that I’m not the cult leader? And when I wasn’t even under the allegations of being the cult leader? No correlation, no sense.

I’m pretty confident you’re not the cult leader as you voted Salzorrah, but there’s no evidence you’re not mafia. And seeing mafia is competing with the cult, lynching me taking this risk under the guise that I’m cult leader sounds pretty convenient, doesn’t it? When I die and am town, you would win anyways. It’s so convenient for mafia rn, just start hunting someone really aggresively for holding an unpopulat position. And what are you doing? Exactly that,

What would I want you to forget? I basically made two (three?) comments, neither of those really give any motives against me.

I’m confident gp and Dedenne are innocent. Say whatever you wish about it. Not THAT sure on gp, but remember it the moment you go and fall for Kiyotaka’s trap and lynch me.

[Eliminate] Kiyotaka

Just before someone nitpicks this. I meant we weren’t obliged to hurry our votes as individuals, which is what happened (A FOUR TIED LYNCH); but to make a swift and sound move as the whole group, seeing the numbers. Seeing as that wasn’t happening, the best move for me was not playing the game of lynches. Yeah, we hit a culted town, but we may as well have hit town. For example, check Johnny’s post. See how much of a tight situation we are in? Cool, now imagine that but with a townie less. Even more, imagine mafia did hit today.

Who’s the one not thinking ahead and in detriment of town now? Think about it before moving.

The 4 way tie argument is a solid defense and do we really think that there were 4 innocents in that tie? It’s unlikely, meaning that if Desox wasn’t innocent, he would’ve broken the tie. Unless the 4 players in the tie were all innocent, of course.