30 days of Super Smash Bros Challenge!

30 days of Super Smash Bros Challenge!

Day 14: Favorite newcomer for Ultimate? (or from any past titles)
K Rool
Day 15: Most favorite single player mode?
Subspace

Day 16… Melee, though I can’t play it remotely at a competitive level.

16. Your most favorite smash game?

Brawl, back then the roster seem pretty big to me and it’s the game that me and my siblings played the most. I also love SSE

Day 16: Your most favorite smash game?

MELEEEEEEEEEEEEE <3

1. Your most favorite smash game?
    Brawl, my first smash game and just :ok_hand:

Day 16: Your most favorite smash game?

Brawl :ok_hand:
Nice roster, decent graphics. Melee is fun too. Smash 4 you tried

Brawl. A lot of the OG smash players hate it because a lot of the characters are broken but I love the SHIT OUTTA THAT GAME! I remember coming home from 6th grade every day chanting to myself how excited I am to play smash and I’d brawl with my online friends so often, it was another thing to bond over and I loved it. I have a lot of great memories there.

Brawl, my first and only as well as my favorite! This was one of the first games we got on the Wii and I loved playing it by myself or with my sister or cousins, as well as spending excessive amounts of time making really bad stages to play on too :’)

Day 16… It’s hard for me to say, so I’ll split my answer into casual and competitive.

Competitively, it would actually be Smash 4. While I already stated why I dislike Bayonetta and gave a reason why, the prevalence of such a broken character just makes me averse to the meta, even though I only ever played Smash 4 competitively. Riff on Brawl’s competitive viability all you want, at least the meta had the sense to handicap, then ban Meta Knight for being too OP there. For Smash 4, it’s like if Primal Groudon, Mega Rayquaza, Xerneas, or Arceus were legal in OU, and they’re arguably some of the most OP pokemon in the game (with Mega Ray alone creating a tier just for it, something NO OTHER POKEMON DID OTHER THAN RBY MEWTWO. Though Smogon didn’t exist then, but still!)

As for casual play, it’d probably be Smash 64. While I can appreciate it for starting the franchise and having the exclusive mode of Board the Platforms, plus a pretty cool arena only used for the Metal fights, at the same time future games built upon Smash 64’s foundations so much to the point there’s ultimately little reason to go back to it beyond stuff such as speedrunning or desiring a look into the roots of the series. Melee is better overall and has the most watched competitive scene of the series, Brawl is arguably the most accessible of them and features stuff such as challenges, a stage builder, and a story mode, and Smash 4 is a decent mish-mash of both Melee’s and Brawl’s strengths, at the cost of some additional weaknesses as well.

Day 17: Your least favorite smash game?

Whichever one was on the DS, I can’t even remember its name. It should’ve been awesome to play Smash on the go, but something about it just bombed hard, and I can’t remember what it was because I hardly played it. <_<"

There wasn’t any on the DS what
If you mean Smash 4, that was also on Wii U

Smash 64, only because it lacks a lot of stuff found in future games. I don’t really dislike any entry, though.

also have you guys seen the soundtrack leak today holy shit some of these songs are fire

That’s the one I’m talking about. I only had the DS version, I think?

And omg @Radiating I saw the Kass theme omGGGGGG I’m so glad he got his own theme for one, and it sounds great too aaahhhh

Smash 4 is ok, not amazing but yknow what the graphics save it.

Smash 64 is kind of forgettable so its my least fav

All this Smash64 hate

Probably Smash 4 because of all the features I really didn’t fucking care for the new feature (the shit to enhance your characters for online battles) thank god you could turn those off. You didn’t even have a fun way to collect the stuff for them. (Okay sort of a lie, you did but again I didn’t care much for it)

@Dedenne ALSO HOW COULD YOU CLAIM SMASH 64 WAS FORGETTABLE, IT STARTED THE SERIES AND…AND… YOU DIDN’T EVEN START WITH PLAYING SMASH 64 :angery: YOU BRAWLED FIRST! (But thats my fave game of the series >v>~)

I’M NOT SAYING ITS FORGETTABLE FOR EVERYONE IT IS FOR ME CAUSE I STARTED WITH BRAWL

It’s still a good game as all the smash games are :ok_hand:

I only played one :dyinglol:

18. What is your favorite alternate character costumes?

Day 18… I’ll just post some images from the wiki then point them out to help show which ones I prefer.

It’d have to be the purple wings Pit here, honestly. Incidentally, it’s eerily similar to Nina from Breath of Fire.

It’d be the retro white/red dress, mostly due to its similarities to a white mage in my eyes.

Dark Matter and Game Boy Kirby are both pretty great if you ask me.

The ribbon is the best hat.

Bowser Jr. arguably is the character with the most clones, given that each of his alternate costumes is a different koopaling. Iggy’s probably my favorite of the bunch, though.